Free to a good home
Housebroken and kid friendly iMac computer, free to a good home.
Gone in < 5 minutes. This system is now spoken for.
- iMac 20” (Early 2006, White) all-in-one Mac computer.
- Intel Core Duo 2.0 Ghz (2 core)
- Memory: 2 gig
- ATI Radeon X1600 graphics processor using PCI Express. Has 128 MB of GDDR3 video memory (not swappable)
- Screen: 20” 1680x1050
- Optical drive: Slot loading CD/DVD reader/writer.
- Sound: Built-in; plus headphone jack
- Full specs: http://support.apple.com/kb/sp35
- Mac OS X 10.6 “Snow Leopard” installed
- 10.6 is the last supported OS.
- Apple typically maintains the “current” and “previous” OS; 10.6 just recently became “previous”. 10.6 will likely continue to get critical security updates, until 10.8 comes out.
- Estimate: 18 months of useful supported life for Mac OS X on this hardware platform.
What you need
- Keyboard (USB). A windows based keyboard will work in a pinch but remember to swap the windows/alt keys. I recommend a mac-friendly keyboard, personally.
- Mouse (USB). Or trackball, or whatever.
- A bit of 409 to clean up the unit.
- Willingness to pick this up (Sacramento, or Sunnyvale). I’ll drop it off only if convenient with my particular commute pattern (usually 237/680/80).
- Sacramento: near I-5 and Del Paso Road
- Sunnyvale: Near Mathilda/101 or Lawrence/101
- email@example.com email or Facebook